EP glnr: 321.00 kwh/m²
Period Building "Sorbatti" for sale in Massa Fermana, Fermo, Marche , Italy
In the peculiar historic centre of Massa Fermana, town with medieval origin known for the manufacturing of hats , perched in the hills between Sibillini mountains and Adriatic Sea , is for sale this historic building carefully restored using high quality materials such as hand-decorated solid doors , mostly original.
The building is over 4 floors and the main entrance is from the road facing the Townhall in the main square
The entrance consists of an important hall with ninenteeth-century staircase with a large corridor leading to the various rooms: livingroom, dining room, pantry, kitchen and a bathroom then the 1st floor, accessed both by a main staircase and by a smaller, spiral one, consists of four bedrooms, bathroom, balcony where enjoying spectacular views over the Sibillini Mountains ; another spiral staircase then leads on the habitable loft.
On the lower floors there are old cellars with vaulted ceilings and comprising a large kitchen with fireplace, pantry and large rooms where spending time with friends , tasting good wines from family collection. Going even further down , there are restored cellars where there still are the old "cana'" (vats for wines) and other receipients uses to collect the pressed grapes. These premises have another entrance from the parallel road called Guerrieri.
Massa Fermana is a town of about 900 inhabitants and its inhabited center is located at 349 m above sea level, it is part of the Archdiocese of Fermo.
The first document where Massa Fermana is mentioned dates back to 1050, when it was under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Fermo. Remains of Roman funerary epigraphs are the traces of an ancient past. In the thirteenth century. it belonged to the Brunfort family; members of which, such as Guglielmo da Massa and his son Valerio of the Ghibelline side, are remembered for the heinous episodes of war that shook the town until he returned to submit to Fermo. In 1808 it lost its autonomy and was annexed to Montappone to Buy it back definitively in 1816.
The main sites of tourist interest are: the church of Saints Lorenzo Silvestro and Ruffino, where you can admire an important work by Carlo Crivelli, the Polyptych of Massa Fermana, signed and dated 1468, the first known work of the painter in the Marche, and the Madonna and Child and Angeli, tempera on wood by his brother Vittore; the Pinacoteca set up in the Town Hall, which houses paintings by Vincenzo Pagani, Durante Nobili, Giovanni Andrea De Magistris, two frescoes, a bas-relief in polychrome papier-mâché and sacred furnishings and furnishings from the convent of San Francesco; the Museum of ancient crafts, dedicated to the crafts of the past and which documents, in particular, the craft of the cobbler and the barber. (see turismo marche.it)